Material Set #1
Well I've started making new material sets, so I thought why not edit this one a bit and spruce it up. For those who have already downloaded it, no need to get it again. It is still more or less the exact same set of materials. The only difference is now they each have names (which took ages to come up with
) as well as the render I made to show them off has changed a bit, it now looks alot better, and uses the same stage setup as the new ones.
An update to each set adds in links to each other material set, to be updated to each one as I make more
As for this, this is my first material set. A friend saw me making some cruddy abstract models, and liked my materials. He too like me had problems at first making them (he's now a 10,000x better 3D artist then me, works for EA games now!!) so I did a bit of editing, added a few specialy made ones, and released this on the world. it has since had over 1,400 views and 900 downloads, which has spurred me to create more and more sets
So please read below for a description of each one!!
- Metal Complex: This one was spurred on for my love of that shade of green, and a want and need for a metallic color. I think it looks great when used on large abstract renders.
- Polished: As with the first one, I was looking for metal type materials. This was made for a scene i still have yet to finish, and looks like a polished dull metal. I love it for metal where i don't want it to have a perfect chrome finish, and unlike most of mine is made for modeling, not straight abstract.
- Brass Knuckles: Like with the second one, this is made for the model i was working on. It was a brass molding on a table, and worked well, looked like one of those brushed aluminum sheets... but brass...
- Polar Blue: As you might notice, most of these are simple, and back when i was first discovering things. This is a prime example. made just for the heck of it.
- Red Reflector: Part of that scene I have been mentioning. It is made simply for being very reflective, and did its job quite well might i add
- Brass Cow: Messing around with the MABEL bhodi shader. I swear i still don't know how to get ride of that damn red XD
- Dead Cell: Was attempting a cell type look, but more on the dead side. You be the judge if i got it right
- Very Woody: Guess where this is from You got it, the model. It was for the table and worked as a rather convincing wood in that model. The table and what sat on it made that model for me...
- Half Reflector: A different version of 'Red Reflector', this one has a whole lot loss reflection, making it easier for the red to come through. Yup... do i even need to say what it was for...
- Shiny Bubble: This is the start of the transparent materials. I was trying so hard back then to make convincing glass, something i take for granted now. It came out.... alright. None of these really look great.
- Fogged: This was just me trying to make a very transparent item with a darker interior, kind of like those Areogel cubes if you know what im talking about... Didn't work...
- Split Sphere: This one i actually liked. I got the glass look right finally, and I loved the addition of the specular split down the middle.
- Anyone See It?: Name says it all... I was trying XD
- Super Funky Glass: So the names in this set aren't great... Sue me. This one is just intresting looking once its rendered.
- Ice: This time i actually got it right!! An icy look to this one made my day for days on end. To bad i can make ones like that so easily now, loses its majestic eureka quality
Material Set #1 - Material Set #2
- Material Set #3